Thursday, July 26, 2012

I Hit The Wall

The last 2 weeks at work have been BUSY.  Sadly it is not because business is picking up, it's because every one is taking vacation time.We are already on a pretty small skeleton staff as it is.

We have in our office (besides the big kahunas):


Logistics Mgr
Logistics Admin. (me)
Office Mgr/Accting
Reception
Whse Mgr
Whse Admin.

From July 16th to Aug 3rd ALL of these people will be off at least 1 week. My boss is on her 2nd week.
For 1 week, my boss, the Whse Mgr & the Whse Admin were all off. I have had to cover for ALL these people. Doing the most important, time sensitive, weekly tasks.  I have officially been cross trained and performed pretty much every administrative task within the company.


In the last 9 business days, I have been at my desk a total of 1.5 days.  I will continue to cover for folks until 2nd week of August. I have done everything I needed to do AND I've done my job.  I have been the Energizer Bunny.  My brain has been full on, non-stop. 

At 2:00pm today, I hit the wall.  I was unable to function.  Coffee didn't help.  It was brutal. I felt like I was in a drug haze. I fell asleep on the bus.

The second I sit down after dinner, I fall asleep.  I had a nice visit with my folks on Sunday & spent the afternoon outside. I was in desperate need for the fresh air. It did me a lot of good, it really did. I have been sleeping solidly for at least 8-9 hours a night.  I haven't had too much time to sweat about the small stuff, which has been refreshing.

Tonight I am completely knackered but it is too hot to go to bed. Sitting in front of this screen is actually making my eyes go wonky.

Adam was a dear and did some house work today.  Sadly, he used Pine Sol.  I hate that shit. I don't mind the lavender one, but the regular one reminds me of what washrooms smell like in schools and arenas. As I sit here, I smell pee & Pine Sol.  There is no pee, but the Pine Sol just......ick.  I am very sensitive to smells.  I hold onto memories with them. I can smell certain things and they take me back in time, just like that.  A few of those smells are: Polo Cologne, Original Mennen Speed Stick, Irish Spring soap, Diesel Fuel, Floor Polish, Cedar wood, Fresh baked Choc Chip cookies, Of A Man cologne, chlorine.....and the list could go on.

I've got to go to sleep. Nite.


No comments: