Tuesday, December 27, 2011

There, I Said It

This year, although not entirely in the Christmas mood,
I did say, more than ever before,
"Merry Christmas"

I think I was, in a way, rebelling against the multiculturalism
 oversensitivity that Toronto has become.

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with multiculturalism.
I do however, as controversial as it may seem,
feel that new immigrants to Toronto need to
understand that for me, being born here, I have the right
to wish people a Merry Christmas without them
getting their knickers in a twist and claiming racism or intolerance.

In all our Toronto TV, radio and print media, we note and celebrate:
Black History Month
Chinese New Year
Passover
Ramadan
Eid
Rosh Hashanha
Yom Kippur
Diwali
Hanukkah
Kwanzaa

So, being born here, why can I not say
without being made to feel like I am an intolerant white supremacist?

Seriously.
Political correctness and the Canadian need to be polite
and sensitive to everyone over myself has really pissed me off.

Everyone in Canada has the right to their own beliefs.
Mine include wishing people a Merry Christmas.

There, I said it.

No comments: