Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Christmas Questions


From Alycia at The Curious Pug 
To get me in the holiday mood.



1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Gingerbread Latté or Hot Chocolate.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Santa Joanne wraps them meticulously. Like crazy all the lines match up. Sometimes the wrapping is fancier than the contents.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
I like the Green and Blue combo or the Green and Red combo trimmed houses with white lights in trees. For us in our apartment, I prefer white twinkle lights.

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
Nope.

5. When do you put your decorations up?
Second weekend in December.

6. What is your favourite holiday dish?
Call me mental – I love my Mom’s Christmas Cake and of course the full on Turkey dinner with all the fixin’s.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?
Christmas Day. Christmas was always just my family – Mom, Dad & my Brother. After opening gifts in the morning I loved retreating to my room to play with my new toys and read my new Christmas Book.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I can't remember when. I just always knew that Santa had the same handwriting as my Mom & that she always stayed up really late Christmas Eve wrapping the gifts from Santa at the dining room table.  Plus, we didn’t have a fireplace in our house so…..??

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Never!

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
Ornaments are very special for me.  My Mom used to give us an ornament for Christmas every year and I’ve kept up the tradition of buying a new one yearly. Sadly, we haven’t put up a tree in a few years. Maybe this year.

11. Snow! Love it or dread it?
Love it during Christmas week. I get disappointed if it doesn’t snow Christmas Day. I love how fresh fallen snow makes everywhere look sparkly and clean.

12. Can you ice skate?
Yes. I spent years figure skating. I miss it. I haven’t put on my skates in years.

13. Do you remember your favourite gift?
My stuffed Curious George. I still have him.

14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Spending time with family. Reflecting over the last year and counting my blessings.
Time off work at home relaxing.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
Sticky Toffee Pudding.

16. What is your favourite holiday tradition?
Since my parents are now Grandparents, they spend Christmas at my Brother’s. Adam & I need to start our own tradition.

17. What tops your tree?
We don’t have a tree topper. Maybe that’ll be this years ornament purchase.

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
Giving. I love watching people open up gifts.

19. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? 
 Yum!  Christmas morning toothpaste ;)

20. Favorite Christmas show?
How The Grinch Stole Christmas with A Charlie Brown Christmas coming in a close 2nd.

21. Saddest Christmas Song?
I don’t know the name of it – about a boy buying Christmas shoes for his dying mother.

22. What is your favorite Christmas song?
All the Classics. I Love Christmas music.