Monday, January 7, 2013

Big Drink and Small Gandalf

Yesterday I met Mom for lunch and a movie.  We were going to go see Les Misérables during the Christmas break but I was not into being around people or taking the bus more than necessary, so we waited until this past weekend.

I disagree with some of the harsh criticism some people have tweeted, I think the singing by all 3 primary actors, Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe, and Anne Hathaway was just as it needed to be; raw and real.  They acted and sang with emotion that gave me goosebumps and filled my eyes and heart with tears.

I have not seen Les Mis on stage live.  I didn't know the story at all. I actually don't really dig musical theater.  But this felt more like an Opera. I enjoy the Opera and I thoroughly enjoyed the film.

I also scored an awesome bit of geek treasure at the concession stand; a big drink with a small Gandalf!



Awesome.

No comments: