Wednesday, January 2, 2013

I Need More Time To Mull It Over

I've seen The Hobbit. 

It is still too fresh in my mind to really write a full review.  I will say the first 30 minutes for me were odd.  By the 2nd hour, I could've watched another 3 hours. I did love it.  I didn't doubt I would.

A few things;

I heard the Wilhelm Scream when a Goblin was pushed off a bridge.  Love it - it made me laugh. I was waiting for it. Peter Jackson uses it once in every film. (I don't think he used it in The Lovely Bones)   Click HERE to hear the Wilhelm Scream Sound Effect.

I did not see Peter Jackson's cameo. Did he even have one in this film?  I have to remember he no longer looks like a Hobbit since he lost weight.  Ok, I Googled it and found a gif of his cameo. It is near the start of the film. He is a dwarf escaping the fire created by Smaug.



Hugo Weaving. LOVE him.

Ian McKellan. LOVE him.

Andy Serkis. Seriously deserves an Oscar nomination already.

Richard Armitage. Well done. Piercing eyes, I could love him one day.

Cate Blanchett. Beautiful as always.

Smaug. Can't wait to see you in your full glory.

Happy to see Bret McKenzie from Flight of the Conchords fame back as an Elf.

That's all I can think of for now.  Oh, except for Sherlock Holmes as a Necromancer?


No comments: