Tuesday, January 8, 2013

I Again Attempt To Make Curry Like My Mom

Ingredients:
1 small onion
1 apple ( I used Spartan. I think I should've used Golden Delicious )
Pinch of salt
Pork ( I used fresh. It's better with cooked meat re-heated but ultimately I want to make it w/Tofu)
2 teaspoons  Sharwood's Mild Curry Powder
2-3 teaspoons flour
Approx 1 cup water
Handful of raisins
Juice of half a lemon
Basmati Rice


It is the best one I've made but still nowhere near as good as Mom's.  I didn't peel the apple and I should have as the skin was tough. I didn't let it sit & continue cooking long enough once I'd added the raisins. If I had, they would have absorbed more water and been softer.

It was better than previous attempts and with time and practice I'm sure it'll improve.  I do want to make it vegetarian and use tofu but I have to become more knowledgeable about to cook with tofu.

Here was the prep in photos.










No comments: