Sunday, March 18, 2012

Titanic

Today, I am having a relaxing "do what I want" kind of day.  As I sit here, Crockett is snoozing and snoring behind me and Adam is out in the living room watching the 70's cult classic Brian De Palma's Phantom of the Paradise.

I have read and am up to date with all my favorite blogs, funnies, Twitter, Facebook, and am thoroughly enjoying the bright afternoon and cool breeze coming through my open window. I have Titanic on in the background with the volume up pretty high due to my open window. I felt like spending some time with Jack & Rose and having a good cry.

No matter how many times I watch this film, I cry. I cry when Rose dies and they go through all the photos of her life. The things she & Jack spoke of, the things they said they'd do. Then when he's waiting for her at the top of the stairs by the clock....I lose it.  I also tear up when I hear My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion. I truly am an emotional girl.

Talk about emotions, I saw this photo in a magazine and it took me right back to the house I grew up in.


We had these awesome lamps in both the kitchen and the dining room.  I wish I'd had the thought to take them with us when we moved.  I would love to have this in my living room.  I'm a 70's furniture lover and if I could, I'd decorate our whole living room with 70's pieces.

I am so much into 70's orange lately that I even got a manicure in an orange shade.


Maybe one weekend now the weather is nice, Adam & I will have to take a stroll along Queen St and go into all the funky furnite stores. It's fun to window shop & spends thousands of imaginary dollars.

I also feel a little better today as I did hear some news from work.  I knew something was up. Women's intuition? Who knows.  I've been told that there are some changes coming sooner than later and that at the moment, I'm safe.  I've heard that before and it is scary but I'm trying, really trying, to not worry about things that have yet to happen. It's tough, but, I'm trying.

It's getting a bit too cool in here, time to put on a sweater.  I'll cuddle with Crockett & enjoy the rest of the film.

I love lazy Sundays.