Saturday, September 4, 2010

All Things 80's

I've been invited to a work colleague's 40th birthday party with an 80's theme.
 I loved the 80's. Great things ocurred in the 80's.
I have alot of very special memories from that time in my life.

The dilemma is what to wear.  I was not then, as I am not now, fashion forward.

In the 80's I wore alot of pink. Too much pink. Way too much pink.
I wore Levi Jeans, Boat Shoes, Osaga white leather runners, button downs, sweaters and sweat shirts. Not super preppy, not super sporty, somewhere inbetween.

I did have big hair on occasion.  I did use Dippity-Do Hair Gel and Aqua Net Hair Spray.
I wore pink frost lipstick, Ralph Lauren perfume and had a thing for Swatch Watches.

This is a big hair photo of me taken for a High School Committee I was in ;

Grade 11 '85-86

What I remember most about the 80's was friend/relationships, movies & music.
They were all connected.

Some of my favorite music of the day:
Duran Duran, Madonna, U2, Peter Gabriel
AC/DC, Def Leppard and the umpteen
One Hit Wonders.

My favorite 80's Movies:
All John Hughes Films, Back To The Future,
St Elmo's Fire, Platoon, The Outsiders,
Dirty Dancing, Lethal Weapon,
The Untouchables.

Getting that party invitation resulted in a few days of heavy nostalgia
and I still have no idea what I'm going to wear.


No comments: