Monday, October 27, 2014

October 27, 2014 Municipal Election Day.

Today was just one of those days.  Every task seemed to take longer than it should.  There were too many things to take care of and not enough time.

Today is election day here in Toronto.  Finally our chance to get rid of Rob Ford and Doug Ford. FINALLY.

I will say however, that I did not vote strategically. I struggled with it for a good 4 weeks. Had plenty of discussions with family, read the candidates platforms, watched far too many debates, and spent a crazy amount of time on Twitter with my new community of anti-Ford, pro-Toronto Twitter friends. So many people are voting Tory to get rid of Ford. Believe me, I want to get rid of every member of the Ford family from Toronto politics and news, but I could not vote for a conservative. If there was no Ford in the race, I would NEVER vote for John Tory.  His Smart-track plan, in my opinion, is to move people from the suburbs into the city core and back home again.  He neglected the whole Northwest corner of the city where I spend 3 hours a day on a bus and where there is more than one priority neighbourhood. It is not a plan at all to help Torontonians move around the city.

My candidate is Olivia Chow.  I voted for who I want the Mayor of Toronto to be. Where I am in the world and life, she is my best representative. The polls close at 8pm so by 9pm.....I'm sick just thinking about it.

Today is one of those days where a 20 minute cuddle and fuss of Crockett would make my day perfect. I miss him every day. I miss him today.

No comments: