Thursday, December 26, 2013

What Is This New Devilry?

I saw a girl reading this on the bus.  All I saw was the title, nothing else.  I thought it was a way of coping with stress through tap dancing.

Being interested in ways of coping with and dealing with stress, I googled it when I got home.  Disappointed that it did not refer to tap dancing, I was however, still intrigued.  There were more than a few videos on YouTube and I read a few articles.  I decided, why not!

I am open minded and willing to look into anything that could naturally help me cope with stress and reduce my headaches.

This is taken from the front inside jacket;

"Tapping, also known as EFT, is a powerful tool for improving your life on multiple levels: mental, emotional, and physical."

"Based on the principles of both ancient acupressure and modern psychology, tapping concentrates on specific meridian end points, while focusing on negative emotions or physical sensations. Combined with spoken word, tapping  helps calm the nervous system to restore the balance of energy in the body and rewire the brain to respond in healthy ways."

I've tried meditation but, can't get the quiet needed, both environmentally and internally, so, tapping is getting a try.