Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas 2013

I woke up this morning, pulled back the curtain & was happy to see big fluffy snowflakes falling.  I love it when it snows Christmas Day.

Last year I bought Crockett a sweater that was too big.  This year I bought Crockett a sweater that is too small.  Poor thing looked like he was out in the cold in a muscle shirt.


I am devastated by what the ice storm did to my favorite trees.  
They lost so many branches.  
I feel like Treebeard when he came upon Isengard.  
(LOTR reference for those not in the know)



This is Crockett at the base of the trees.  So so sad.


These are a few shots around the same area I took the ice photos last Sunday.  
It is still so awful and so beautiful at the same time.






These are from the Parkette across the street, I don't even dare venture in there. 
Not only are there still many branches that look like they could
snap at any moment, the snow is covering pure ice.  
I'd break something no doubt.




Lastly, the driveway of the park leading down to the Tennis and Lawn Bowling club is closed.  
A wee little black squirrel is noshing on something - an apple or an orange.  
I didn't want to get too close and disturb its feast.


Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.