Sunday, December 29, 2013

What Day Is It?

Having time off during the holidays is great, but I have been having trouble remembering what day of the week it is.

When I approached Crockett to put on his boots, be just collapsed on his side in defeat and let me go about my task. There was not one once of struggle; pure submission.  As much as he doesn't like the boots, he loves his walks. All the ice has melted and it is above zero today.  Perfect snowman making snow.

We ventured into the park for the first time since the ice storm.  No doubt it was magical a few days back with the ice on the branches glistening in the sunlight.  I just couldn't risk slipping and falling.  Today, the wet heavy sticky base gave both Crockett and I firm footing.  So much so that half way through, I took off his boots.  It was like I released him from prison.  He got his mojo back and bounced around for a few moments. Lovely to witness pure joy like that.

I have 3 groupings of photos from todays walk:
Crockett and Friends
A Robin who let me admire her and get so close I could see her fluffy white bottom.
The Desolation of Ice.  The damage to this grouping of trees is heartbreaking.





For a few seconds, I felt like a wildlife photographer in the Canadian wilderness!