Sunday, May 20, 2012

Sunday Sunday

It is the first long weekend of the summer and the weather is hot. Folks with dogs are out earlier than usual on hot days so our fur babies don't overheat.

There were also more joggers/runners out this morning than usual as I suppose they're trying to beat the heat as well.  I get jogging/running. I just don't get doing it on a main street filled with traffic at 11am on a scorching hot day.  My Mother would say that in that case, it's more to be seen than it is a true passion of exercise.

What would have made yesterday perfect?  A balcony. My old balcony in Port Credit. It was recessed, so it was completely private. I was on the 17th floor with nothing in front of me but the sky.  I would have had my radio on in the apartment so I could hear it, but not to offend neighbors, a pitcher of ice water with slices of cucumber in it, my Adirondack chair, and a good book.

Today when I was walking with Crockett, I imagined the sound of kids jumping and playing in a pool.  To me, that is the sound of summer.

I will not complain about the heat, but I'm not looking forward to the humidity. Humidity is plain cruelty to Pugs.

Here was our walk earlier this morning.