Thursday, May 31, 2012

I Have An Owie

I did it again, I fell. Last Thursday morning.

I don't know how it happened.  I had just exited the bus and was a few buildings away from my office. I had seen my boss pull into the driveway and BAM, I was on the ground.

I really did land hard. I had been carrying my coffee in my left hand (that I'd not yet had one sip) and both arms were out in front of me as if I was trying to make a snow angel but on my belly.

I don't remember twisting an ankle or stepping on uneven ground, it was just a sudden bang & I was flat.  It happened so fast that I didn't have any ability to try to protect myself from the fall.

I had my watch on, which is metal, and it dug into my left wrist to badly that my 2 main veins in my wrist puffed up and it looked like there were earth worms in my arms. There was no cut thankfully. My wrist & the palm of my hand turned blue. I panicked. I thought I'd torn the vein and was bleeding internally.  It took a few hours for the vein swelling to go down. I had an odd grey/blue bruise, a blue mark in the palm of my hand and tenderness for about a week.

My right elbow is another story. I skinned it. Not deep enough to really bleed a lot and not lightly enough to not need to cover it with a bandage.  To this day it is causing me a great deal of pain. It is tender, it is sore, I feel sudden pangs and stabs of pain and it is healing awfully.  Not to be too revolting but it just isn't scabbing up as it should.  It would be great if it could.  It is healing with a thin scab layer like paper.  I try to keep it uncovered when I'm at home but when it touches my body or anything, it catches. Even too much air from the fan makes it hurt. In a perfect world a scab would form and come off in one quick rip, but no.

The body aches and pains from the fall, mostly in my shoulders and neck, still linger but seriously, what the hell. Why do I fall? I don't get it. In winter sure, there's ice and snow but in May?