Monday, January 27, 2014

Lately I've Been...

Feeling: Completely out of sorts, lost, without purpose.  I experienced a bump in the road (understatement) in my happy, fulfilling, meaningful career life in 2003 and I have never truly fully recovered. I am still bitter and will always be.  If you love what you do, it's not work? Well now, I work.

Watching: I was watching a lot of nature and science shows during the free preview of Oasis HD and the Smithsonian channels.  Prehistoric Sharks are fascinating.  Sadly, the previews are over and I'm not too keen on adding $20 to an already too high cable bill.

Thinking About: Tiny Houses.  I really want to do this.  I want to build a tiny house. Park it on a piece of property. Grow vegetables.  Live simply. Click here to go to a site I love called Tiny House Blog.  I just have to figure out a way to get the Mr. on board.

Listening To: I changed the radio station in the kitchen after a December filled with Christmas music 24/7 to Q107 Classic Rock.  It has been a nice change and has reinforced my belief that, outside a few talented individuals, the 70's was the last decade that real music was created.

Laughing About: Mostly inappropriate jokes on The Daily Show.  I have said before that it is my sense of humor that has saved me.  It really has.

Reading:  The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.  I'm only 27 pages in and I'm enjoying it. My eyes have been a bit better lately and I've been able to read on my way to and from work.

Drinking: More tea, less Diet Coke.

Eating:  Red Velvet Muffins (cupcakes - who are they kidding) from Tim Horton's. This must stop.

Loving: That I've been getting good quality sleep lately, with some awesome dreams.

Missing:  Max. Why can't Dogs live forever?

My sweet boy Max.