Saturday, November 30, 2013

My November Morning

Woke up this morning to Dad calling & asking if I wanted to go & see Shen Yun.  Um...YES!  Can't wait!  I've always wanted to go so that is something to look forward to in the cold month of January.

I was moving in slow motion so after I fed Crockett, so I put his leash on to keep him near me to avoid any old man tinkle accidents in the apartment before we made it outside.  He was adorable & just sat there (yes, on a Harry Potter blanket) with a look on his face of, "c'mon already!"



It is a overcast but otherwise a perfect November morning. No wind.  I had to undo my jacket and loosen my scarf.

There is a church up the street that backs on the the parkette/ravine that looked to close during the summer.  It was a Christian Science Church.  They've started the demolition.  I am going to do some poking around on City of Toronto website to see if I can find what will going up there. Houses, condos, or I hope, a community center.  It'll probably be homes as 4 can fit on the property and could easily be valued over a million each. It's a prime location.  I'll have to make a point of going by every week or so to document the progress.





Right in front of the church was this pick up truck.  I've seen it parked around the neighbourhood for a while but have never seen it's owner.  He/She normally has pro-conservative party stickers all over it, but the best part is, it's a Hoarder's pick up truck.  It is always filled with shit.  The front seat was no better and on the passenger side floor was a red plastic gas can.  I just picture an action star walking away from it a la: cool guys don't look at explosions! 




  There aren't too many houses that have their lights/decorations up.  No doubt they wish they'd done in 2 weekends ago when it was beautiful & sunny out.  Crockett was happy to be out but didn't argue when we went back in.




Now that the gym in complete, the next project the building has on the go is building a roof top terrace.  I hope we get a good view of the park.



The rest of the day is going to be spent making chicken soup, reading, and napping.