Tuesday, August 13, 2013

My "Man Cave"

When the windows in our apartment were changed, we moved our bedroom. I am SO happy about that because it's a front room facing the street and it was just too loud to sleep with the window open. The result is that now Adam has his man cave and I have mine.  What is the female equivalent to a man cave?  Meditation/Arts & Crafts/Reading/Watching DVD/Ironing/Yoga/Escape from the World room? Whatever it's called, I have my own space.  I love Adam and love spending time with him, but having my own space...mine...all mine...awesome!

This past weekend, I had a bit of a tidy up.  I HATE clutter. Hate it. It shuts me down. To me a cluttered room is a cluttered mind. This room for the past couple of months has been nothing but cluttered. It might have to do also with my lack of blog posts lately.

Tonight, I did some laundry and thoroughly enjoyed spending time in here. So much so I went & grabbed my little companion.


The pillowcase cover hanging on the back of my chair is from my 70's childhood.  I have curtains to match but sadly, they don't fit my windows. Have to figure out an art project or something for them.

If I magically found $1000 overnight, it'd be a kick ass room by Monday. I know exactly how I'd like it but.....back to reality.  What I will to do is spend another 100+ hours on Pinterest to get ideas on how I can do this without spending any money! Although, I'd love to have a funky print wallpapered on 1 wall.

We got the Ikea catalog in the mail today. That is to me now what the Sears Christmas Catalog was to me in the 70's.

It truly is amazing the effect a clean tidy room can have on my mental well-being.