Monday, October 1, 2012

What I'm Reading

Last month, I started reading A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness.  I am on page 462 of 579 and I love this book.

I took a 2 week break from it to read another book I received as a gift called Journey of Souls by Michael Newton, PH.D. That is a post for another day. I will write about it, but it's still clanging about in my head.

Back to A Discovery of Witches. It involves history, libraries, secrets, vampires, witches, daemons, magic, alchemy, family, suspense and love.  I have enjoyed it so much that to keep myself from reading it all in one sitting, I've limited myself to only reading one chapter at a time to drag it out.

It is the first book of a trilogy and today on my way home from work, I went to Indigo and purchased the second book that came out July 2012 called Shadow of Night. I haven't even read the book jacket or inside flaps because I don't want there to be any chance of ruining the end of book one!

I haven't had to write a book report since High School and I don't regularly read book reviews so I fear I can't summarize it in a way that would do it justice.  I am going to start regularly posting about the books I'm reading so hopefully, in time, I'll learn how to write a half decent book review.

Until then, I'll just say that this book has been an enjoyable escape.  A story I look forward to immersing myself in. I care about the characters and I'm being transported to England, France and upstate New York.





No comments: