Sunday, August 26, 2012

Dance Therapy


I have had a very busy last few weeks and it has taken both a physical and mental toll.  Some days I can cope better than others.  Today was not a good coping day.

I woke up after a night of wonderful dreams.  I dream often. I wish I was alert enough in the mornings to write them down as a few would've made kick ass screen plays.  I actually read that people who suffer from depression dream more than regular folks.  This also explains why I wake up after a full nights sleep feeling tired.  Whatever the reason, I love dreaming.  Ever since I was a kid, I've had dreams where I can fly.  Last night, I flew, like Peter Pan. Awesome.

After the euphoria of my dreams wore off and after a cuddle with Adam & Crockett, I woke up dreading the day.  I had a few things to do that I really didn't have the motivation or desire to do.  I did them any way cause life still happens.

What I felt like doing today, as a form of therapy, was to go to the Toronto Zoo & watch the Otters, Giraffes, and Polar Bears. The only thing is on a really hot day, all the animals are smart & stay out of the sun, which keeps them out of view.  The Spring and the Fall are the best time to go to the zoo so I'll wait until then.

My other forms of therapy are hugs from Adam, talking to my Mom and/or Dad on the phone, walking Crockett, nature, music, art, and dance.  My choice today after taking Crockett for a walk,  a chat on the phone with Mom, and many many Adam hugs was dance.  I spent a good hour on YouTube watching past performances of So You Think You Can Dance.  Mia Michaels is my favorite choreographer and this routine below is my all time favorite.  I cry every single time I watch it.
Gravity - Contemporary

No comments: