Sunday, July 17, 2016

Time To Get Fit

In the gym downstairs.

I can no longer ignore that exercise and getting fit is a part of my long term health plan. The past 15 months have been very food focused. I think I have that component pretty much under control. I know what I need to do, and I just have to do it every day.

I am super proud of myself at where I am now weight wise.  Could I lose more? Yes. Should I lose more? Maybe. Have I maintained this weight I'm at now for a few months? Yes.  Do I feel good? Absolutely.

I'm 20lbs heavier now than I was when I was 18yrs old and  I turn 48 in October. I think that's amazing! The very last thing I want to do is lose too much weight because then, of course, the only thing to do is gain it back to get to a realistic, sustainable weight.

I have been more active in the last year than in the last decade, but it's still not enough. Walking is great and I love it, but I need strength.  Muscles burn fat. I have zero discernible muscles in my arms at all. Core strength? Ya, um, none. 

I went to the Y with my friend Nat last weekend, and she is my fitness hero.  She showed me what to do. I did a plank for 10 seconds. I didn't think I'd be able to do one at all. I shook all over and woke up muscles from hibernation. The next day I had muscle pain and it felt good.  I miss the feeling of moving my body.

What for me seems to be the most difficult aspect of doing anything worth doing is actually just doing it.  Make sense?  Truth is, I have no excuse.  I just have to love myself enough to know that this is for me and my health.


No comments: