Sunday, January 11, 2015

Something I Learned

Today, I am taking down our Christmas Tree. I have learned that I never want to have a real Christmas Tree again.

Ours was small and beautiful and perfect. But as the days passed, I started to feel like it was stupid to cut down a tree to put in a home.  The poor thing started to sag and lighten in color. I watered it, but it was dying. What a waste of a tree. It belonged planted in the earth, thriving, a home for birds and critters.

I told my Mom that I reminded mysef of the blind date set up in the film Notting Hill for William. Kaziah, the Fruitarian:

Keziah:
We believe that fruits and vegetables
have feelings so we think cooking is
cruel.  We only eat things that have
actually fallen from the tree or bush
-- that are in fact, dead already.
    

No comments: