Monday, December 17, 2012

My Blanket and a Pug in a Red Sweater

After practicing my Crochet stitch I got the urge to start a real project.  I am making a Granny Stripe Blanket for our bed.  I've selected a multicolor yarn named Softee Chunky / Summerset Ombre from Bernat.

It has a dusty rose, a lighter pink, a yellow, a green, and a tan color.  I love them all.  I figure it'll take me until the end of January to complete. I hope.

Here it is.  I started it on Friday & this is 5 Balls of yarn so far. It takes about 1 hour to get through 1 ball.
The flash on my camera makes it look brighter than it is.  For my next progress update I'll take a photo of it in natural light.



 

And just because he is awesome, here is a photo of Crockett in his Christmas sweater.  This is actually Crockett's 1st official piece of dog clothing.  It is too big for him to wear outside.  I bought it for him to sleep in.  We like to sleep with the window open slightly and Crockett always seems to sleep right by the window.  When I wake up in the morning, I'm toasty warm under the covers but Crockett always feels cold.  He's worn it for about an hour so far.  We'll see it it lasts a night.  It might just end up lining his bed to snuggle with.



No comments: