Wednesday, November 28, 2012

New Windows

With an ownership change of the building we live in, there have been quite a few upgrades. We finally got one to our unit.  New windows.

I did like the old windows they had charm, but they were old, drafty, and dirty.  They hadn't been cleaned on the outside since forever and we didn't have access to do it ourselves.  Living on a busy street with buses going by every 5 minutes, well, they got grimy & dirty.   I literally had to wash the kitchen windowsill daily or it looked like it had a year of grime build up.  I hate to think what our lungs look like. But I digress.

These windows make a real difference to the noise level.  They are super fancy in that the can open up top as well as like an average window.  They have an easy clean feature where they open on an angle. I can also keep the top open a smidgen without fear of our water heater/radiator freezing and pipes bursting!

Now, I need to figure out curtains. I like and need light so I have to find sheers that let light in but keep nosy buggers out.

Old windows.


New windows.

I LOVE that they open at the top!

No comments: